The objectives of the Guidance and Counseling Center
are prepared in the light of the philosophy and vision-mission statement of La Consolacion College Manila.
Consolacion College Manila Guidance and Counseling Center aims to:
1. Give service to all students regardless
of gender, race, ethnicity, cultural background, sexual orientation, disability, socioeconomic status, learning ability level
2. Help the students to develop themselves
into becoming Christian nationalist, scientific, pro-people and democratic individuals in belief and action, and Augustinian
in orientation and behavior by providing them programs necessary for the development of such values and the internalization
of appropriate attitudes and virtues.
3. Prepare students to become globally-competitive
individuals who are mature, responsible and committed professionals by providing them educational and vocational guidance
through career information materials and self-analysis that would lead to a better understanding of themselves and the profession
they would like to have, as well as helping them develop psychological, emotional, social, emotional and spiritual competencies.
4. Make students appreciate other people
and treat them with respect and consideration and promote harmonious interpersonal relationship by providing them an atmosphere
where they could experience the same.
5. Make sure that the students have easy
access to the counselor and vice versa.
6. Help cultivate and uphold students'
personality uniqueness and still function effectively with others inside and outside school.
7. Assist students in their career and
8. Provide consultation and synchronization
of guidance services to the teachers, parents, administrators, and others who work with students.
9. Provide developmental, as well as
preventative and remedial, services to the students in need of such.
10. Become both an essential part of and an distinct element of the total educational program of LCCM.
improving the existing guidance and counseling program through systemic planning and update, implementation and evaluation.